I vividly remember the 90’s. The amazing music that blasted from my stereo (that I begged my mom to buy me) and playing outside with all the neighborhood kids. It was an indescribable time. If you grew up in the 90’s, you just know. Times were simple; life was simple. I think that’s what I miss the most.
Here is what I love and miss about the 90’s:
- The golden era of Hip-Hop.
- It was also the best time for r&b.
- The Box & MTV (when they played music.)
- Sketchers & Soda shoes.
- Being a Spice Girl & a Power Ranger.
- Gel Pens.
- Lisa Frank.
- Bead bracelets.
- CD Players – I miss my CD skipping when I moved too much, lol.
- Nickelodeon/Disney channel.
- Winnie the Pooh backpacks.
- Saying “da bomb” & ooh you just got moded”.
- Butterfly hair clips.
- Actually going outside to play.
- Going to the public swimming pool (ew).
- Bell bottoms.
- Playing with my Tamagotchi.
- Having my own phone line in my room (it was a big deal).
- Actually buying magazines for the posters inside.
- Spice Girl lollipops.
- Being on AIM after school.
There are so many things and moments that I miss about the 90’s. I wish I could relive it one more time, but since I can’t, reminiscing will have to do.
What do you miss?